Mind your business... By supporting local artists this holiday season!
Welcome Small Business Saturday!Hello family + friends!
Hope this finds you cozily enjoying a belly full of food and a heart full of friendship and love this holiday. I'm spending the week in SF with my love Ricky visiting my Dad and Bay Area friends. (Also meeting up with East Coast peeps who are traveling too)! It's nice and rainy here which provided a welcome relief from the wildfire smoke by clearing the air and hopefully dousing some fires in the process.
This Saturday is Small Business Saturday- a day to celebrate and support local business during the holiday season. Recently, Ricky and I have been thinking about where we spend our money. This past year in particular, I have been focusing on supporting women of color owned businesses. Here are a few of my favorites in Philly:
- Soul Inspiration 4 U :: aromatherapy scrubs + essential oils for your whole body.. so enchanting!
- Vault + Vine :: beautiful greenhouse + cafe in East Falls. So much plants and natural light <3
- Chhaya Cafe :: cute and cozy eatery, music venue + hang out spot in South Philly!
- Espinache :: naturally made hair, skin and body products that are amazing!
Supporting local artists + businesses means:
- Your money goes towards a real person in your community who supports other local business owners. Keeping money in the community is a huge help to the local economy.
- Small businesses on average donate a larger percentage of their proceeds towards local non-profits and community organizations (Don't forget that 10% of proceeds from your purchase goes towards Aspiring Young Artists!)
- You can talk to the owners! And ask any questions you may have! We are right at the other end of the email (I'm writing this right now from a cafe in SF. Here I am! haha).
To cozy and empowering holidays for all.